Exchange your vows at Avon Rί, a stylish lakeshore wedding venue in Wicklow
The perfect wedding starts with the perfect location and at Avon Rί, a stunning Blessington lakeshore wedding venue in picturesque county Wicklow, we’ve got everything you’ve ever dreamed about for your big day. Just 40 minutes from the heart of Dublin, when you come to Avon Rί Lakeshore Resort, you’ll feel as though you’re miles away from anywhere.
We’ll welcome you with a red-carpet champagne toast before you make your way to the beautiful setting where you’ll exchange your vows. Party the night away before retiring to our newly-wed accommodation, then wake to a champagne breakfast. It’s a day you’ll remember for the rest of your life.
One of Ireland’s top wedding venues
We offer a stunning range of choices for your wedding site, both indoor and outdoor. Your options include:
- Our landscaped gardens, ideal for a marquee wedding, the lakeshore, or even the Blessington Greenway.
- We are happy to put on special outdoor catering such as a hog roast or BBQ.
- One of our banqueting rooms. The La Touche gives you classic elegance, while the smaller, opulent Greenway features a private outdoor decking area with incredible views across the Blessington Lakes.
Not only that, but when you come to us you also benefit from:
- 9 acres of the Avon Rί countryside estate surrounding the Blessington lakeshore, offering endless photoshoot opportunities for unique wedding photos.
- The Lakeview Bar, a renowned contemporary Irish gastropub.
- Accommodation for up to 200 of your wedding guests.
- Complimentary access for all guests to our indoor pool.
- Access to the surrounding counties of Wicklow, Dublin and Kildare.
- The chance to ramble along the Greenway walking path – Avon Rί is situated right at the start of this famous trail.
Your wedding day, just the way you want it
There are countless ways to transform Avon Rί into the venue you want. Whatever your theme, we’ll go out of our way to make sure the place is decorated according to your vision. From personalised signage to flowers in your wedding colours, we’ll make sure that you have the décor you want to create your dream vision. There’s plenty of room if you’d like a live band or solo musician to entertain your guests.
We just wanted to say thank you to everyone for making our wedding perfect. When we first saw Avon Rí, we knew we’d found somewhere unique. The surrounding scenery is absolutely lovely and we had so much space to ourselves. Your staff went out of their way to bring our vision to life, even helping us to find a florist at short notice when our original choice had to cancel. Your relaxed, supportive attitude made all the difference and really put us at ease. We knew we could trust you with our wedding. We fully recommend Avon Rí, especially to couples who look for that personal touch. Thank you so much again. Tracey & Peter
Approved civil ceremony venue
As an approved civil ceremony venue, we can host civil ceremonies, celebrations and blessings, so whatever type of ceremony you want, we’ll make it happen. We have a strict one wedding per day policy so that you’re assured that every little detail will be personally attended to by our experienced wedding team. We can also advise you on what you need to do to ensure you’ve fulfilled all your legal obligations to get married.